Tips for Organic Traffic:
Running a successful SEO strategy for e-commerce websites is extremely challenging because their content is set up in ways to target broad search terms. Multiple studies have shown that online buyers are more likely to purchase from a website that looks clean, contemporary and is easy to navigate.
This means textual content should be limited to achieve this minimalist aesthetic look. But, this can put even the best SEO agency in a tight spot because more than 70% of a website’s ability to rank in top searches is on-site content.
Without a solid content strategy, achieving top rankings can be a tough task. Even if you embrace a heavy content strategy and add amazing 1000 word content to your homepage that gets your site rank on the first page, poor conversions and high bounce rate will inform Google your website isn’t adding value to the SERPs.
As a result, your rankings will eventually drop.
This means your SEO partner agency should be growth-driven. Plus, they have an intent to perform beyond the brinks of search engine ranking.
How to Benefit from SEO Services?
Since e-commerce websites have limited textual content on their homepage, make sure the content that is written for your site should focus on generating organic traffic. To get the desired results, best SEO agencies ensure that your homepage contains the right keywords, reflects your navigation menu, and it speaks your brand’s voice.
With the right SEO services, you can gain the ability to take your e-commerce site off the rarely viewed pages. Because they focus on generating organic traffic of the homepage in order to compensate for the limited text. Here’s how the right digital marketing agency can fill the voids for you.
- Use the Most Frequently Searched Keywords
When it comes to using keywords for an e-commerce website, leveraging a tool that showcases the most frequently searched keywords can prove very useful. Of course, ranking for broad search terms or phrases with high volume offers value, but the greater value lies in ranking your pages for keywords that resonate with your target audience.
Though these keywords have way low search volumes, they convert at a much higher rate. Here’s how companies offering topnotch SEO services generate search terms and powerful long tail keywords that are more relevant with the ideal buyer’s needs.
- Google Trends: Type in your main keyword in Google Trends and jot down its trending history and seasonality, if any. The intelligent tool has a number of filters that can give you details on keywords such as time, location, search type and category.
- Google Related Searches: Try finding searches related to your search term by scrolling down to the bottom of the page. It will give you ideas on how to add context to your target keywords.
- Social Media Groups: Join popular social media groups and find out what people share or remark on the posts related to your niche or products. What pain points they are trying to solve? What are the most popular topics?
- Quality Link Building for Better SEO Results
If you are unable to add heavy textual content to your homepage, quality link building could prove a great asset to your business.
Also Read: CREATIVE WEB DESIGNING COMPANY IN INDIA
These links are present in strategically written content that exists on referring domains and points back to a landing page on your site. Links can go to a homepage, primary service/product page, or your blog, based on the strategy.
This doesn’t mean you should syndicate links out to hundreds of directories because today this practice is termed as spamming and can result in a Google penalty. To power up your SEO game and generate high-conversion traffic, link building should be an integral part of your digital partner’s strategy. Consider the following points to create strong backlinks and send valuable juice to your website:
- Create links on sites with higher domain authority.
- Try building links on sites that offer dofollow links.
- Be certain that the referring domain’s content is relevant to your website.
- Make sure to get full control over the anchor text.
- Verify the backlink portfolio of the referring domain to ensure its quality.
- Build backlinks on sites where readers are more engaged.
- Use the link naturally rather being promotional.
- Optimize Your Product Descriptions
You can truly benefit from SEO services if you agency perfectly optimizes your product descriptions to draw organic traffic that converts. Sadly, only a few utilizes product descriptions to lure organic traffic. Want to see the power of fully optimized product descriptions?
Buzz Interactive, the best SEO agency, split tested two different e-commerce strategies. Each product description in the first group has 250 words and they were hyper-optimized for better SEO results. While the second group’s product descriptions have the standard word count.
The test results showed that the average ranking of the first group improved by 56%, whereas its conversions increased by 27%. It was also found that the content added to product descriptions didn’t deteriorate the user experience as it usually does when people visit homepages.
Here are some strategic points you can implement into your product descriptions:
- Use buyer-focus keywords along with branded keywords.
- Address the buyer’s pain while showcasing your product as the best solution.
- Clearly describe who the product is for, and who it’s not for.
- Show a comparison of your product with other products while showcasing one thing that sets it apart.
- A strategic blog post ranked well should incorporate links to various product descriptions.
- Add H2.
- The purchase button at the top right side of the product description should take buyers to a simple one-page checkout.
Sure, e-commerce is a different animal but it isn’t hard to tame. It can be domesticated if you develop an understanding of Google’s finicky algorithm and buyers’ needs. Not only this will allow you to garner revenue, but also play a vital role in securing your e-commerce business ’s year-on-year growth.